Planning a wedding is a huge job with lots of little details that all add up to the lovely day you’ve been thinking of. Among these details, flowers play a significant role in enhancing the beauty and ambience of your wedding. From bouquets carried by the bridal party to the centrepieces adorning the reception tables, flowers add colour, fragrance, and elegance to the celebration. To ensure your wedding flowers are perfect, we’ve created the ultimate wedding flower checklist that covers every aspect of floral decoration for your big day.
The bridal bouquet is the focal point of a bride’s ensemble. It should complement her dress and personal style. When choosing your bridal bouquet, consider the following:
- Flower selection: Choose flowers that resonate with your theme and colour palette.
- Size and shape: Opt for a bouquet size that suits your height and dress style.
- Style: Decide on the bouquet style—round, cascading, posy, or hand-tied.
- Delivery: Schedule the delivery of flowers to arrive several hours before the ceremony.
Bridesmaid bouquets should harmonize with the bride’s bouquet while maintaining their unique charm. Here’s what to keep in mind:
- Coordination: Ensure the bridesmaid bouquets match the overall colour scheme.
- Complement: The bridesmaid bouquets should complement the bride’s bouquet.
- Delivery: Arrange for the delivery of bridesmaid bouquets at the same time as the bride’s.
Boutonnieres are small floral arrangements worn by the groom, groomsmen, and other male members of the wedding party. These should be considered:
- Flower choice: Select flowers that coordinate with the bridal bouquet.
- Size: Keep boutonnieres small and subtle.
- Delivery: Coordinate the delivery of boutonnieres to the groom and groomsmen.
Corsages are similar to boutonnieres but are typically worn by female family members and honoured guests. When dealing with corsages, remember:
- Flower choice: Corsages should complement the bridal bouquet and colour theme.
- Delivery: Ensure corsages are delivered to the appropriate individuals.
Floral arrangements for the ceremony set the stage for the exchange of vows. These may include:
- Altar arrangements: Flowers placed on or around the altar.
- Aisle decorations: Floral arrangements along the aisle.
- Pew or chair decorations: Flowers attached to pews or chairs.
- Delivery: Coordinate the delivery and setup of these arrangements with your venue.
Reception centrepieces are a key element of your wedding décor. When selecting and planning for these:
- Style: Pick out the style and look of your centrepieces.
- Size: Ensure centrepieces do not obstruct guests’ views or conversation.
- Quantity: Determine how many tables need centrepieces.
- Delivery: Coordinate the delivery and placement of centrepieces with your venue.
Putting fresh flowers on your wedding cake can make it look more fancy. Take a look at these things:
- Flower selection: Choose edible flowers that match your colour scheme.
- Delivery: Coordinate the delivery of cake flowers with your baker.
Consider additional floral decorations, such as:
- Entrance arrangements: Flowers at the entrance to your venue.
- Bar arrangements: Decorate the bar area with small floral arrangements.
- Signage or photo booth flowers: Enhance these areas with a floral touch.
- Delivery: Ensure all additional floral decorations are delivered and set up on time.
Nature can be unpredictable, so it’s crucial to have a backup plan in case of bad weather or unexpected issues. Arrange for an indoor venue or an alternative plan for outdoor ceremonies.
Coordinate the delivery of all your wedding flowers with your florist and venue. Ensure they are delivered with plenty of time for setup and that someone responsible is available to receive them.
Your wedding day is a once-in-a-lifetime event, and the flowers you choose will play a vital role in creating the ambience and memories you cherish. By following this ultimate wedding flower checklist, you can ensure that every floral aspect of your special day is meticulously planned, from the stunning bridal bouquet to the delicate corsages and breathtaking centrepieces. With careful consideration and coordination, your wedding flowers will be as beautiful and unforgettable as the love you and your partner share.